Middle and High, 10am Rm. 204
Colaborate – Discussing questions raised in the Bible and in our culture
Confirmation Class, 9:45am Rm 107 Sept 10, 2017 – Jan 7, 2018
Colaborate Methodist Confirmation suggested for 7th grade and up
(contact Nichole for more info)
5:00 p.m. Junior Choir, grades 1-8, (with high school helpers) Choir Room upstairs
6:00 p.m. Supper for all ages, Fellowship Hall
6:30 p.m. UMYF, 6th-12th grade, Rm. 214 – The St. John United Methodist Youth Fellowship
(UMYF) is open to all middle and high school students for Bible study, fellowship, and
service. Activities revolve around getting to know Jesus and each other, learning about
different cultures, prayer, music, and just plain fun.
- New Year’s Eve/Day party
- District Youth Spring Party/Mission Project
- Youth-only and family-centered events at our lake property
- Back-to-School Kickoff Funday
- Fall Retreat
- Fall Festival held as the Wednesday night program usually the last week of October
- Harvest Festival held on a Saturday in early November at our lake property, including games, campfire, hayrides, dinner, and the chili-cook-off contest
- Birthday Party for Jesus held Wednesday after dinner the week before Christmas in the choir room. The Wesley and Junior choirs perform the story of the nativity in song and tableau. At the end of the program, we sing “Happy Birthday” and serve birthday cake.
- Sunday School classes continue year round
- Vacation Bible School, usually held in June each summer. (Youth are generally helpers)
- Choir Camp for rising 2nd – 9th graders, held each July. Teenage youth may apply to be assistants.
For more information or to help out in any of these educational or social areas, please email Nichole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Rooted Retreat! The Rooted Team is excited to announce Rooted 2017 at the beautiful Glisson Camp & Retreat Center in Dahlonega, Georgia. Join the churches of North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church for “Every thought. Every dream. Every fear. Every second. What’s at the end of your “every?” God is calling us to a life with God where nothing is hidden, where we give it all to God, and where we surrender everything.
We’ve chosen weekend 2: Oct. 13-15 $135 per person.
It will be awesome to meet other youth, have great music, an inspiring speaker, plus tons of outdoor adventure activities! Please email us to let us know which weekend you would want to go and bring your deposit of $30 to church by Sept 17th. Park at an upcoming fundraiser on Oct 1st and the rest of your cost is covered!
Summer Mission/retreat or Passport Camp
The summer after their 6th grade year, St. John Youth may attend Passport Camp for a week of intentional Bible study and a meaningful hands-on mission project or further spiritual growth. Activities include worship, group devotions, and a nightly party.
The registration deposit is usually due Nov. 1 with the balance payable by June 1. St. John MYF holds fundraisers during the year to help defray camp costs. Youth planning to attend camp are required to participate in the St. John MYF spring mission projects or parking fundraisers.