Middle and High, 10am Rm. 204
Colaborate – Discussing questions raised in the Bible and in our culture
5:00 p.m. Junior Choir, grades 1-8, (with high school helpers) Choir Room upstairs
6:00 p.m. Supper for all ages, Fellowship Hall
6:30 p.m. UMYF, 6th-12th grade, Rm. 214 – The St. John United Methodist Youth Fellowship
(UMYF) is open to all middle and high school students for Bible study, fellowship, and
service. Activities revolve around getting to know Jesus and each other, learning about
different cultures, prayer, music, and just plain fun.
- New Year’s Eve/Day party
- District Youth Spring Party/Mission Project
- Youth-only and family-centered events at our lake property
- Back-to-School Kickoff Funday
- Fall Retreat
- Fall Festival held as the Wednesday night program the last week of October
- Harvest Festival held on a Saturday in early November at our lake property, including games, campfire, hayrides, dinner, and the chili-cook-off contest
- Birthday Party for Jesus held Wednesday after dinner the week before Christmas in the choir room. The Wesley and Junior choirs perform the story of the nativity in song and tableau. At the end of the program, we sing “Happy Birthday” and serve birthday cake.
- Sunday School classes continue year round
- Vacation Bible School, usually held in June each summer. (Youth are generally helpers)
- Choir Camp for rising 1st – 9th graders, held each July. Teenage youth may apply to be assistants.
For more information or to help out in any of these educational or social areas, please email Nichole at email@example.com.
*New Youth tshirts coming soon! Email your size pronto to Nichole.
Augusta District Youth Conference! March 11 and 12, 2017
All youth invited to this free conference on Saturday, March 11th and Sunday, March 12th from 4pm-6pm at the Quest Church in Grovetown. After Saturday’s session, we’ll eat at a local restaurant before ending the night. Please RSVP for one or both nights to Bobby James or Sarah Thomas. Let us know if you need transportation. We’ll be wearing our new t-shirts!
*Male helpers requested for the Ladies’ Tea on Sunday, March 12th @2:30pm. Email Nichole.
Summer Mission/retreat or Passport Camp
The summer after their 6th grade year, St. John Youth may attend Passport Camp for a week of intentional Bible study and a meaningful hands-on mission project or further spiritual growth. Activities include worship, group devotions, and a nightly party.
The registration deposit is usually due Nov. 1 with the balance payable by June 1. St. John MYF holds fundraisers during the year to help defray camp costs. Youth planning to attend camp are required to participate in the St. John MYF spring mission projects or parking fundraisers.