- Our mission opportunity for November: Angel Tree Tags, instructions and the sign up list will be available Nov. 4th and 11th before and after the 11am service. We need sponsors for gifts for 50 children. You may pick out one or more children and purchase gifts from their wish lists or write a check to Virginia Allen (not St John) and have her shop for you. Suggested amount is $70-80 per child. We participate in the Salvation Army’s program and they take care of determining each child’s eligibility and delivering gifts. All gifts need to be bagged and labeled according to instructions and be at the church by Monday, November 26th. You may leave a note for Dr. Allen at the church office if you would like a tag, but cannot pick one up on November 4th or 11th.
- Church Work Day! Saturday, 11/ 10 8am-12pm. Bring your work gloves (rakes, hedge clippers), roll up your sleeves, and help clean up the church’s exterior and grounds. Let us know in the church office so we can prepare the to-do list! Weekday work opportunities also available under our Building Manager’s direction. Thanks in advance! (Rain date: Nov. 17)
- Nov. 11 Concerts With a Cause 3pm
- 2018 Charge Conference: All church members are welcome to attend this new format of conference with Augusta City churches to be held at Trinity on the Hill UMC on Sunday, Nov. 11 at 7pm for worship and celebrating past and future ministry and mission plans.
- UMW Monday Nov. 12, 7pm
- UMM Tuesday, Nov. 13, 6:30pm
- UMW Towers Thursday, Nov. 15, 10am
- No supper, choirs, or programs Wednesday, Nov. 21 for Thanksgiving break
- Don’t forget the easiest way to contact fellow church members! Download the Mobile Directory! https://mobiledirectory.lifetouch.com/255785/st-john-united-methodist-church. Members were emailed a password. Contact the secretary if you did not receive it.
Full Newsletter for November 2018