Middle and High, 10am Rm. 214
Currently studying the lectionary readings that will be read each week in worship.
5:00 p.m. Junior Choir, grades 3-12, Choir Room upstairs
6:00 p.m. Supper for all ages, Fellowship Hall
6:30 p.m. Youth Fellowship, 6th-12th grade, Rm. 214 – Bible study, fellowship, and service opportunities. Activities revolve around getting to know Jesus and each other, applying biblical knowledge to our everyday lives, prayer, music, and just plain fun.
- New Year’s Eve party
- District Youth Spring Party/Mission Project
- Youth-only and family-centered events at our lake property Youth Lake Camping Permission Form
- Back-to-School Kickoff Funday
- Fall Retreat
- Fall Festival held as the Wednesday night program usually the last week of October
- Harvest Festival held on a Saturday in early November at our lake property, including games, campfire, hayrides, dinner, and the chili-cook-off contest
- Birthday Party for Jesus held Wednesday after dinner the week before Christmas in the choir room. The Children and Youth choirs perform the story of the nativity in song and tableau. At the end of the program, we sing “Happy Birthday” and serve birthday cake.
- Sunday School classes continue year round
- Vacation Bible School, for ages 3 to grade 9, and adults, usually held in June each summer. (Youth in rising grades 10-12 are welcome to be helpers or attend the adult class.)
- Choir Camp for rising 3rd – 12th graders, held each July. Teenagers/college kids may apply to be assistants.
For more information or to help out in any of these educational or social areas, please email Rev. Lindsey Solomon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First, fill out this interest form Children & Youth Volunteer Survey
Second, fill out the Volunteer Application
St. John MYF holds fundraisers during the year to help defray camp costs. Youth planning to attend camp are required to participate in the St. John MYF spring mission projects or parking fundraisers.