Middle and High, 10am Rm. 204
Echo the Story– Teens experience the fullness of the biblical narrative through storytelling, from Genesis to Revelation.
5:00 p.m. Junior Choir, grades 2-8, (with high school helpers) Choir Room upstairs
6:00 p.m. Supper for all ages, Fellowship Hall
6:30 p.m. UMYF, 6th-12th grade, Rm. 214 – The St. John United Methodist Youth Fellowship
(UMYF) is open to all middle and high school students for Bible study, fellowship, and
service. Activities revolve around getting to know Jesus and each other, applying biblical knowledge to our everyday lives, prayer, music, and just plain fun.
- New Year’s Eve/Day party
- District Youth Spring Party/Mission Project
- Youth-only and family-centered events at our lake property
- Back-to-School Kickoff Funday
- Fall Retreat
- Fall Festival held as the Wednesday night program usually the last week of October
- Harvest Festival held on a Saturday in early November at our lake property, including games, campfire, hayrides, dinner, and the chili-cook-off contest
- Birthday Party for Jesus held Wednesday after dinner the week before Christmas in the choir room. The Wesley and Junior choirs perform the story of the nativity in song and tableau. At the end of the program, we sing “Happy Birthday” and serve birthday cake.
- Sunday School classes continue year round
- Vacation Bible School, usually held in June each summer. (Youth are generally helpers)
- Choir Camp for rising 2nd – 9th graders, held each July. Teenage youth may apply to be assistants.
For more information or to help out in any of these educational or social areas, please email Nichole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First, fill out this interest form Children & Youth Volunteer Survey
Second, fill out the Volunteer Application
Summer Mission/retreat or Passport Camp
The summer after their 6th grade year, St. John Youth may attend Passport Camp for a week of intentional Bible study and a meaningful hands-on mission project or further spiritual growth. Activities include worship, group devotions, and a nightly party.
The registration deposit is usually due Nov. 1 with the balance payable by June 1. St. John MYF holds fundraisers during the year to help defray camp costs. Youth planning to attend camp are required to participate in the St. John MYF spring mission projects or parking fundraisers.