In addition to our livestreamed worship online, we hope to offer in-person worship at St. John UMC soon. It will be great to worship together again in our beautiful sanctuary. However, your health remains our greatest concern. For this reason, we will continue to monitor Covid-19 case numbers and trends for our tri-county area and communicate our reports regularly. To prepare for reopening:
- We have already installed UV lights and higher-rated filters in our Sanctuary air system. This will clean the recirculated air of virus.
- We will remove commonly touched items such as Bibles, hymnals, and pew cards from the pews.
- We will have a registration system to better plan for your safe spacing in the sanctuary.
- We will have a shorter service to prevent prolonged exposure.
We will do our part to implement stronger cleaning and planning. We ask that you do your part in following these protocols when we resume worship at 736 Greene Street:
- Wear a mask covering both nose and mouth at all times. If you do not have one, we will have some available.
- Use the new touchless hand sanitizers as you enter and leave the building.
- Dispose of any personal trash (bulletins, etc) as you leave the building.
- You will be escorted into and out of the Sanctuary by the ushers.
- The other parts of the building will not be open, but there will be limited access to bathrooms.
- There will be no congregational singing. Although hymn texts will be printed in the bulletin, we ask you to silently meditate on the hymn as the soloist sings.
- Please maintain 6 feet of social distancing between your family group and the next from the time you leave your car until you return to your car.
- Distanced fellowshipping is encouraged outside after the service.
- And, of course, most importantly, monitor yourself for fever, cough or shortness of breath before deciding to come to worship. If you have recently been sick or diagnosed with Covid-19, follow CDC guidelines for the recommended quarantine period. We will still livestream the service for you to participate at home.